Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shelley's Donut Muffins

So Shelley was so nice as to submit a recipe for "donut muffins." I've never heard the term but I like the sound of it! Shelley has this to say about the donuts:

They TOTALLY satisfied some serious donut cravings we were having here.  Plus they are easy!

My computer says that "donut" is the wrong spelling and tells me to use what I consider to be the old-fashioned "doughnut". Thoughts?

Anyway, without further ado, here is the recipe:
 
Shelley's Donut Muffins
makes 12 "regular" sized muffins or 24 mini

1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (noz-moscada)
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder (fermento em pó)
1 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or 24 mini-muffin cups.

Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.

Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.

While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Thanks for posting :) I'll send you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer 'doughnut' :-)

    I'm going to try these out. I miss donuts, but also weigh less here, so.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I made these yesterday. Delicious, but I still would like to try making a real donut. They do satisfy a craving...like 90%. The other 10% is not sure if making a real donut is worth it.

    If I do try my hand at a true honest-to-goodness donut, I'll let you know how it goes. I recall seeing a good recipe on Bon Appatempt......

    ReplyDelete